Friday 12 June 2009

COMMENTS: Guessing Game 2

Anonymous said...

The foto could have made sherlock holmes a failure in his job but your clue No. 2 gave away the building - its our beloved City Hall;my Dad used to work too at the City Engrs office way back 1953. I was in gr 3 at the nearby BaguioCentralSchool then and almost everyday I used to hangout at my Dads office after school w/
Raymond Tabangin(kasla his Dad was w/ the City Police Force then sa).And in 1954,an unforgettable event happened at the BCS - would Delma and the rest still remember, ngata? It was traumatic for us Grade 4 kids as the incident unfolded in our seemingly innocent eyes!

Arthur

07 June 2009 07:36
Anonymous said...

BCS ca. 1954: A bizarre murder occurred where the son killed his father (who was a teacher in school) for a ring; and dragged and left him in the crawl space of the main building. From then on,I never stayed in the schoolgrounds after classes were over. Sightings of the old man were the tall tales that scared me from staying until dusk. We used to tender our personal vegetable garden located at the side of the "quonset(sp.?)" buildings. I planted "lubias" - Baguio string-beans.

Anyway, the answer to Game 2 is: Baguio City Hall, or is it just "City Hall?"

rudy

08 June 2009 22:56
========
As we don't have other contestants, we will now tally the responses: Yes, the answer is BAGUIO CITY HALL. If buildings could talk. The BCS tragedy was balita ng bayan then. I recall I used to see the son at UP, I think he was taking up political science or law. The son's initials are R F,right??

Remind me to tell you a story about lubias, but some other time. And quonset was spelled correctly, we had that at LES too -Lucban Elementary School.

My tale of City Hall is so very pale in comparison: it had to do with my making pila to pay tuition: we used to pay at school but my funds came in very very late by paktora iti Baguio Bus (remember that bus company??) from Manila, so I had to go to the Treasurer's Office. There was quite a long pila, and definitely had to use the CR, so I left my place mid-way: when I returned I had to go back to the end of the pila, idi kwan the cashier's cage closed, two persons ahead of me! So I sat at one of the corridor benches and made sangit sangit, thinking I could not take the exams no saanac pay makabayad. The cashier, on her way out and home, found me nga agsangsangit so she asked me why and told her my tale.
Ay wen, nakitaka nga nasapsapa, maykan, luktac didiay counter manen. Phew, saved!! Yes, there are some good people around. At City Hall, even. The End!

BTW, any class member of any BCHS class, haan laeng nga 61, mabalin nga maki-contest, a!

Evelyn D-B

No comments: