Sunday 6 September 2009

Yanquis


Rudy L. spent his Labor Day weekend quite pleasantly (exercising his right as a New York Yankees fan, seen above at the Stadium but heavens we can't see the beer, pretzels and hot dogs) and not-so-pleasantly (pulling his Gastroenteritis or whatever muscle in his leg, running after an errant tennis ball and now on crutches - we wish you a speedy recovery). Perhaps we should think of a tennis tournament as a fund raising event. I can do "hit and giggle" tennis with my Billie Jean King racket <sino kaya siya- don't bother to ask if you were born after 1960>!! Or maybe auction off Rudy's Yankee cap.
Here is his account:


The New York Yankees are a professional baseball team and are a member of Major League Baseball's American League East Division. One of the American League's eight charter franchises, the club was founded in Baltimore, Maryland in 1901 as the Baltimore Orioles, and moved to New York City in 1903, becoming known as the New York Highlanders before being officially renamed the "Yankees" in 1913. The Yankees' home ballpark is Yankee Stadium, one of the world's most famous sports venues.

Hi Art (the Blue Jay fan),
The Yankees have been playing the Blue Jays in Toronto since September 3. So far, the Yankees are 2-1 games in their favor. The final game will be at 1:07PM today. I should have flown to Toronto to see the games over the weekend. However, I will have a chance to see them for a double-header home game come Monday.

Hi Joe (the tennis aficionado),
Hope you had a nice flight to California.
On several visits to Brewster, Joe introduced tennis to the family. He suggested that I get into this game to lose weight. My gran'kids have their "Wilson's" (for Lucas) and "Prince" (for Sierra). I had to purchase a featherweight, but expensive "Head" for Olivia. She always complains about the weight and grip on the racket. For me, I settled for a "Wilson's" left in the garage by one of my kids when they moved out.
Unfortunately today, I pulled a muscle in my right leg running after a wayward tennis ball. I believe, I pulled the "Gastrocnemius" muscle out of place. The pain radiates when I start walking. I'm now in crutches so I'm not going anywhere in the next few days - not even to see the Yankees play their home game Monday! (#@&%, come to think of it, I can't even drive!)
So I bid everyone a pain-free happy Labor Day weekend! ! !


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you believe being in crutches now simply shows you are enjoying life as we all grow younger? Its like passing thru a slight financial downturn but a far cry from a meltdown; just a glitch..... to a filthy rich!!!

Rudy Lambino said...

Ag-dilang 'angel' ka, koma, Art.

No doubt, it's partially true. I'm filthy "but not yet" rich!

Rudy Lambino said...

Beers, pretzel and hot dogs will be photographed on my next visit to the stadium. Hopefully, I'll be provided a suite so I can stuff myself "in private."