Saturday 7 November 2009

GUESSING GAME 10: Who am I?


Hello!! Once more, we have a "who am I"??
CLUES:
My elementary school certificate shows that I graduated from Old Baguio Central. My Dad was associated with City Hall and public service. Because of my family's love for the law, I became an attorney in the City of Pines. Or rather a Pros______.

Some of the city's cases I have handled include the garbage dump in Irisan issue (n.b. - someone you know will join a tribal war if a transfer station will be put up at the lime kiln since that person has some property there) .

I also had a case involving a very infamous Baguio murder that happened in Quezon Hill.

I was a quiet and conscientious Class 61 member, not a troublemaker like some people I know. I still reside in Baguio, still a quiet and conscientious lad.

My middle initial is T. You have probably viewed that popular Ray Romano TV series, the title of which reflects who I am. And for the diehard Whodunnit fans, my first name is also the same as the author of the Philip Marlowe mystery/detective stories. And don't forget the blind African-American singer who popularized, "I Can't Stop Loving You" and "What'd I Say"?

Now that you are all confused: guess who am I????????

3 comments:

Rudy Lambino said...

Are your brothers Rodolfo (Rudy) and Remigio, Jr. (Nonoy)? You must be my uncle, Raymond T. Tabangin.

The Ilocano surnames that start with a "T" comes from a town north of Vigan, Ilocos Sur, called Sto. Domingo. Family surnames start with a 'T' like Tabangin,Tacata, Tabbada,Tualla,Tabangcura,Talaro, Tagudar,Tadena, Tagupa, etc. My middle initial is 'T' (my mom's maiden name). Can anybody guess from the above surnames, which is mine?

My mother called Raymond's mom, 'Auntie,' that makes Ray my uncle.

The notion that the town Sto. Domingo was named after a patron saint with the same namesake is incorrect.

During the Spanish era, santol was sold in Vigan every Sunday. An enlisted man of the Spanish Civil guard, out of curiosity, traced the source of this particular fruit from the barangay 'Pussuac' which is part of the municipality of Sto. Domingo.

Thus the name santol sold every Sunday shortened to Sto. Domingo

RTL

Evelynbangkok said...

This is really fascinating: we are discovering all kinds of kinship connections within Class 61! First, Art B is linked with the Pimentels. Then, Rudy L with Raymond. Yes, the guessing correct answer is "Everybody Loves Raymond" Tabangin. I would guess that Rudy's mother's name is also Tabangin.
We credit the Spanish administration for giving us surnames so that it would be easier for them to manage the country. In Ilocos you also find, near Vigan, the Q's: Quirino, Quindipan, Quidangen, others. The names were allocated according to alphabetical lists to the regions and were nailed to the doors of the major churches: the Indios were to select their names for the lists.
And by the way, does anyone know if Anita Meana-Flores is related to the late Nap Meana?

I just wonder if any other Class 61 members would have similar stories to tell, about their possible relations (as in relatives). Do tell, do share! Cheers, e

Rudy Lambino said...

My mother's maiden name is Tagudar and for some reason, 'Santol iti Domingo' is a closely knit town that in one way or the other all is related - e.g., cousins (including the various degrees of cuzin-kinship), in-laws, aunties, uncles, etc.

Anita M-F is the cousin of the late Napoleon Meana.