Tuesday 3 November 2009

Emil, our Globetrotting 'mate

Emil writes Rudy, thanking him for emails and being in touch! Emil was on holiday in Pattaya some weeks back, it was unfortunate we were unable to connect then. The first time I met Emil after graduation was in Washington, DC when he had a Pan Am (remember this airline???) flight there, and was in touch with our late friend Dom Fangonil, (about a year before his untimely demise) and we had dinner at the rooftop of the Kennedy Center, half a block away from my townhouse residence (former slave quarters during the Civil War times). The next time we met Emil was in Bangkok where he had a layover, about two years ago: his favorite dish? Fried rice with crabmeat!! No chillies!! And in August 2008, at Lito V’s gathering at his home in El Cerrito, Ca., where we tasted their lovely ripe garden plums. Konna ni Nurse Nora, mangan kayo iti plums, naimas quen pampa----- dayta. I guess referring to our aging systems born in the mid 'forties, where every little bit of push helps.

- - - -Here is his message:


Hi Rudy, It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for the info regarding our 2011 class reunion. I'm getting excited about the thought of seeing some of our former high school classmates. I'll definitely try my best to make it.

Many thanks to those who, at the moment are meeting, to "kick off" the initial planning stage for the grand occasion. i "tip off my hat" to them, for the time and effort they are putting into this.

Yes, yes, yes, I do indeed go into our school blog, when time permits. I find it very interesting, informative, exciting and entertaining. I always look fwd going into the site .


To give you an update on my present situation: I have moved and purchase a home in Lathrop, CA. It is 80 miles northeast of the SFO airport. It is before Stockton, after Tracy and next to Modesto and Manteca.. As a Purser based in SFO, I like to fly and do fly Asia ( Bangkok, Narita, Osaka, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing), and in the Pacific, Sydney. We also fly to London and Frankfurt but it is my least favorite place to go. It is very sad and unfortunate that we discontinued our flt to Manila. Otherwise, I use to fly to Manila 4 times a month when we still flew them. If you need anything from these places or if you know of anybody of our former classmates that are in these areas that you wanted me to contact, pls just let me know.

I might be going to NYC in Dec for the Holidays to spend time w/ my brother. If I do, and if you will be around, maybe we can get together or maybe i can just give you a call when I get there. Pls let me know how I can contact you.

In the meantime, pls take care and regards to your family. Thank you very much for everything. emil

== == ==
Hi Emil,

It's nice to get a response back from a dear classmate from City High. Our golden reunion will be the first week of May 2011. Next week a couple of our Philippine-based classmates will be welcoming Lourdes (Bucaycay) Alacbay, who travelled from Virginia to make a quick visit to our dear homeland. In fact, they will kick-off the initial planning meeting of several 'to be hed' meetings to plan for our Golden anniversary reunion in 2011.


By the way, have you opened our class blog link indicated above? Please do - you'll be reading first-hand info regarding our class. You may contribute and share whatever come across your mind. Anything that you would want to share with the group, please send it to Evelyn for publication in our blog. I'm sure everyone will enjoy what you have to share. Since you've continually been globe-trotting (due to the nature of your work), take a couple of 'kodak moments' at places you've visited. This way we can experience being in those places through photography.


Norma G. indicated that you've moved from the San Jose area to the east - more like the central part of the state (closer to Stockton or Manteca). If I could recall, she said 'Modesto.' Awaiting for your next message, Rudy

No comments: